Sunday, June 2, 2013

Dreading Dredd

Recently I watched a movie called Dredd. If you have not heard of it, it is an action flick about Megacities and drug lords. Now I for one greatly enjoy action movies; however, this movie, although quite entertaining, was not what I had hoped for. The movie is about a group of people called judges who provide order to the Megacities in the post apocalyptic wasteland of the world. Judge Dredd (Karl Urban) protects one block that has been over run by the Mama Gang. Throughout the movie you see several uses of drugs and lots of violence. It had its moments; I will give it that. I thoroughly enjoyed the psychic, Judge Anderson (Olivia Thirlby), and the cyborg. Plus all the action was such an adrenaline rush. It was a  pretty cool movie, however they could not pull the plot off as well as imagined. Overall on my movie rating scale, I'd give it 5 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment