Sunday, June 2, 2013

Sinister

If you love scary movies, you need to watch this movie. I am a huge scary movie fan. I cannot get enough of them, and I was not disappointed by this movie in the least bit. Most scary movies can make you jump, but the scare factor is generally ruined by a lack of character development and stupidity of the characters and ideas. However, this movie was different. Sinister is about an author (Ethan Hawk) who is trying to make his next big hit. His books usually uncover some type of truth of a crime that was overlooked by authorities. He comes across a rather strange case when he tries to figure out the mystery of a missing girl. He uncovers a box of tapes from his attic after moving into a new house with his family. He soon realizes that by watching these tapes that he is in way over his head. Strange events start occurring and he ultimately releases a demon named Bagul. Things go from bad to even worse throughout the movie. Director Scott Derickson definitely knew what he was doing. The movie had a great ratio of pop out scenes to plain out weird scenes. After a scary scene, the audience had down time to just recover, but one would be completely clueless as to when the next scary scene would occur. The entire movie was filled with surprises and terrifying images. I honestly was terrified and shaking in my seat. I may have even screamed a few times. Overall I would rate this a 7 out of 10 on my movie scale. It was definitely one of the better scary movies I've watched.

No comments:

Post a Comment