Sunday, June 2, 2013

Evil Dead (2013)

I had mixed feelings about this movie. If you've seen the original, you would too. The movie was not as scary as it could've been, and it definitely was not as great as I had anticipated. IMDB rates it a 7 out of 10 but I have to completely disagree. The gore factor for the movie was way over done. It legitimately has a scene where it is raining blood. The images, however, are terrifying; I cannot argue with that. The transformation done for the character Mia was shocking. If you haven't seen or heard of this movie, it is about a group of friends who go to a cabin to have an intervention for their friend Mia. Some idiot finds a book and reads the incantations despite the fact that it says "don't read it. Don't write it. Don't say it," on the page. All the happiness crumbles from that point on. Although you never truly see a demon, you can definitely see the possession part. I cringed in my seat a few times and definitely jumped out of my seat a few times. There is no down time though after Mia gets possessed; so don't expect any time to collect your thoughts. I would probably rate this 5.8 out of 10 stars. It was not the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment